Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Time Magazine - List of the Most Influential People in the World...


I would like to state for the record that even though I was never approached by anyone at Time magazine, I was never interested in being profiled or even having my name appear on their list of most influential people in the world. I don't believe in labels whether they are leader & revolutionary, builder & titan, hero & pioneer, artist & entertainer, scientist & thinker. I like to think of myself as all of these things and thus I call myself an American!

Yes, I am running for president and was named Time's Person of the Year in 2006 but who is to say that makes someone influential. I say this to you, America, had they asked me to be on this list I would have said no thank you. As far as I'm concerned this list carries as much weight as People Magazine's World's Most Beautiful People (which I was also not asked to be on) or Forbes Magazine's The World's Billionaires List (I'm waiting for them to come out with a Thousandaires list.)


To the 100 people the made this list, congratulations. I consider myself a man of the people and happily count myself among the 300,000,000+ Americans and the 6,200,000,000+ non-Americans who are not on the list.

No comments: