Wednesday, May 2, 2007

President-esque....Things I have in common with past Presidents - Part I


For those of you I have not already met you might be wondering why you should vote Gregg Rosenberg for President. I share many characteristics, experiences and hobbies with the 42 Presidents who have led this great country. See for yourself in the first of a four part series. Part I looks at the first ten presidents (1789 – 1845).

George Washington refused to wear a powdered wig. I too refuse to wear a powdered wig.
John Adams got lost on his way to the White House. I too have gotten lost on the way to the White House.
Thomas Jefferson had Jewish ancestors, I have Jewish ancestors.
James Madison was the first President to regularly wear trousers instead of knee breeches. I too prefer trousers to knee breeches.
James Monroe under took a goodwill tour after being elected that resulted in his presidency being known as "The Era of Good Feelings." Upon my being elected I would undertake a "really goodwill tour" that will result in my presidency being known as "The Era of Really Good Feelings."
John Quincy Adams was the first President to wear trousers at his inauguration. I will wear trousers at my inauguration. (
Adams customarily took a nude early morning swim in the Potomac River. I can neither confirm nor deny my swimming habits.)
Andrew Jackson was the first President to ride on a railroad train and
as President sought to act as the direct representative of the common man. I too have taken a ride on a railroad train and consider myself a direct representative of the common man.
Martin Van Buren had large mutton-chop sideburns. I once grew mutton-chop sideburns.
William Harrison did not wear overcoat, hat, or gloves during his swearing-in ceremony. I too will not wear an overcoat, hat, or gloves; but I will wear long johns under my suit.
John Tyler was playing marbles when informed that he had become president upon the death of President Harrison. I have been known to enjoy a game of marbles every now and then.

2 comments:

Goldie said...

Let's not forget, Gregg also has much in common with many presidential candidates who have not made it:

Michael Dukakis: Gregg has played in a tank before (though the one at Latrun was not moving).

Alfred E. Smith: Gregg lives in NY.

Bill Bradley: Gregg is tall (though not as much of a basketball player).

Albert Gore, Jr.: Gregg knows many inconvenient truths.

Jon Kerry: Gregg plays ice hockey, and likes ketchup with most foods.

Matt said...

I find your anti-britches stance troubling.