Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Country Tis of Thee, Sweet Land of Liberty of Thee I Sing...



Earlier this evening I received a phone call from Barak Obama’s campaign. I assumed he was calling to congratulate us on winning the election and for running a campaign that refused to engage in dirty politics and pander to special interest. Needless to say I was shocked when it turned out that they were calling to remind me to vote and were not even authorized to concede the election.

With votes now being counted across the country, the major news networks have proclaimed that Senator Barak Obama has indeed beaten Senator John McCain and me to become the 44th President of the United States. On behalf of the entire campaign I congratulate Senator Obama on winning the Presidency. This election cycle has truly been historic.

I want thank the American people for their votes, support and trust. Throughout the day I heard reports come in from across this great country of voters experiencing difficulties casting their vote for me, everything from being told they could not write-in my name to people misspelling G-r-e-g-g, thinking it is spelled O-b-a-m-a.

Even as conspiracy theories have all ready spring up on the internet, I urge you not to be angry with America. While many people are recommending and encouraging me to take legal action, I will not subject the country to a replay of the 2000 election. What I will do is continue to work for the American people, helping them pursue the American dream. Like I said when we launched this campaign, “I’m not interested in raising $300,000,000.00; I’m interested in meeting 300,000,000 Americans.”

Live America, Be America, GreggforAmerica!

God bless America!!!
Gregg

No comments: