Thursday, July 5, 2007

President-esque Part III - Things I have in common with past Presidents

Part III in this series examines the many shared characteristics, experiences and hobbies I have in common with presidents 22 - 32 (1885 – 1945).


Grover Cleveland personally answered the White House phone. I too personally answer my phone. "Gregg Rosenberg how can I help you?"
Benjamin Harrison conducted one of the first "front-porch" campaigns, delivering short speeches to delegations that visited him in Indianapolis. I am holding a "front-porch" campaign but because I don't really have a porch they are more like "lobby talks" or "doorway conversations".
William McKinley was the first president to ride in an automobile. I too have ridden in an automobile.
Theodore Roosevelt refused to shoot a small bear cub and thus the teddy bear was named after him. I too refuse to shoot small bear cubs and I also had a teddy bear.
William Howard Taft
liked milk so much that he brought his own cow to the White House. I too like milk. (I do not have any plans at this time to bring a cow to the White House.)
Woodrow Wilson went to school in New Jersey. I went to school in New Jersey.
Warren G. Harding had the largest feet of any President, he wore a size 14 shoes. I too have size 14 shoes.
Calvin Coolidge loved having his head rubbed with Vaseline while he ate breakfast in bed. I enjoy breakfast in bed, however I skip the Vaseline head rub.
Herbert Hoover played a game called Hoover-ball during his presidency which was a combination of tennis, volleyball and a medicine ball. White House physician Admiral Joel T. Boone invented the game to keep President Hoover physically fit. I too plan to invent a game called Gregg-ball to be played during my presidency. Specific details to follow.
Franklin D. Roosevelt liked foods "he could dig into," according to Henrietta Nesbitt, the White House housekeeper. Among his favorite dishes were scrambled eggs, fish chowder, grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs, and fruitcake. I too love scrambled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches and hot dogs (not necessarily in the same meal.)


No comments: