Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Declaration of Independence


Since announcing my decision to form an exploratory committee to seek the office of the President of the United States, I have been approached by countless people offering me their support and their vote regardless of their political party. Everywhere I go people want to know my political affiliation.

I have been recruited by both Democrats and Republicans, who asked me to represent them and their party in seeking the nomination of President of the United States.

I have been lobbied by people on both the left and the right, to bring my ideas and represent them and our cause.

I have been pressured by members of the political establishment who have tried to convince me not to run at this time, but to wait until 2012.

Most importantly, I have heard from many, many, many, many Americans from across this great country, who have been encouraged by this campaign and what it represents.

When people ask me what is my political party affiliation, I tell them, I AM AN AMERICAN, THAT'S MY POLITICAL AFFILIATION!

I refuse to let myself be defined by a label or to be pigeon holed. I am not a Donkey. I am not Elephant. I'm an AMERICAN.

I believe the Democrat and Republican parties have some very good ideas. However, they keep focusing and getting bogged down in the bad ideas and in the dumb ideas. My candidacy is about taking the best and brightest good ideas and smart ideas from both parties, leaving the bad and dumb ones behind.

My passport does not say Democrat, Republican, Bull Moose, Federalist or Whig. It says I’m an American.

I’m Gregg Rosenberg and I believe in the American people.

No comments: